Betmarkets participated in the most recent episode of Empreendedores.pt podcast!
Hugo Belchior is the CEO and Co-founder of Bwizer, a company of reference in the market of advanced training for health and sports professionals. The Empreendedores.pt project is a result of his desire to contribute to a more dynamic and entrepreneurial society. For the 30th episode, Hugo invited Afonso Vieira, our CEO, to talk a little bit about Betmarkets and his own personal journey as an entrepreneur.
This is how Empreendedores.pt structured its 30th Episode ft. Betmarkets [content in Portuguese]:
- 00:11 Presentation
- 01:08 What motivates gambling
- 03:01 How to deal with misadjusted expectations about betting
- 04:05 Betmarket’s target audience and business model
- 08:40 What is a sports betting expert
- 10:52 Is it (really) possible to beat the market?
- 14:20 What is the regulation around sports betting
- 16:00 Markets where sports betting experts operate
- 17:30 Will the sports betting market become more efficient in the future?
- 19:06 Big Data and AI in sports betting
- 21:27 How Betmarkets makes money. If you want to know more about this, you can check this post
- 25:30 Launching a Beta version
- 26:30 A gambler’s customer journey on the Betmarkets platform
- 29:25 How Betmarkets was born
- 31:14 What Afonso learned about sports betting early on
- 33:00 How to hire the first developer
- 37:40 How to negotiate a round of investment
- 40:50 How to find a co-founder
- 47:20 Plans for the future
- 47:48 Match-fixing and its problems
- 49:17 How to strive during the Portuguese startup bubble
- 51:24 What a CEO of a young startup does on a day-to-day basis
- 56:26 How to cope with the fear of failing
- One book that every entrepreneur-to-be should read: The hard thing about the hard things, by Ben Horowitz